Sunday, October 31, 2010

National Novel Writing Month

Why am I doing this again?

Maybe because I felt I didn't have enough insanity in my life. Maybe because I felt like pulling out some hair. Maybe because I really felt it would be a lot cheaper than therapy...

I am participating for the second time in National Novel Writing Month.

I'll keep a post of my word count here as well. The tentative title for my mystery novel is "Outsider Art." I don't want to divulge much of the plot here, but it is a project I've been wanting to work on with my friends K and S. This seemed like a good way to knock out a draft.

I've never written a mystery before, and I'm not sure I can pull it off. I'm hoping my friends K and S----and my old high school friend KC who knows a bit about police procedure-- will help me through it.



2 comments:

billie said...

Wow - I didn't know you were working on something new, and a mystery to boot - good luck with this!

Dawn said...

I'm actually pretty pathetic at it right now...but it's more of a stress release and forced characterization....and I think i was slightly manic when I signed up :)