Monday, October 11, 2010

Kindle Formatting---things that make you go hmmmm

I've recently had the wild hair to reformat my short story collection on Kindle before I start promoting the heck out of it. The way I have it now, it is readable, but doesn't look like a "book book." Since I'm doing the reprint of my first novel, Saint Jude, on there in November, I want to be able to have it look like a print book, so I am going to have to figure out the ins and outs of this Kindle formatting.

On the writer side, Kindle formatting is strange. You upload a word document, and you get these strange spaces, tabs, yada, yada...supposedly you can save the Word doc as an HTML and then clean up the "code." I'm going to give that a try, since I do know HTML.

And btw, this looks like a handy guide to help with it...

No comments: