Friday, September 24, 2010

Procrastination Station-- NPR Three Minute Fiction

So...NPR has a Three Minute Fiction Contest--a 600 word short story--aka "flash fiction."

The rules are, it has to begin with the phrase "Everyone swore that the house was haunted" and end with the phrase, "And nothing was the same after that."

I've written something I'm not sure is any good or not--but I'm sending it out in the interest of "writing dangerously."

Of course, I'm procrastinating. [sigh]

My issue is that, with only 600 words, I'm taking way too much time for the set up. I find I'm getting into the "meat" of the story about 300 words in, and it needs to start much, much earlier than that.

We'll see. If you're interested in entering, or in reading some of the previous winners, go to www.npr.org

No comments: