Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jazzy Jesus and stuff I like

Heard an awesome jazz band at the church I've been going to...they did a killer version of "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus" and "How Great Thou Art." They do a jazz mass at St. Ambrose Episcopal in Raleigh, and I highly recommend checking them out...

In accordance with my self-proclaimed "Year of Writing Dangerously"--I wrote a poem about this lady who was sitting two pews in front of me. She had these cool dreadlocks that were pulled behind her all Toni Morrison-like, and it was totally cool. I'll post that poem shortly. I can't find it right now, and I'm too comfortable [lazy? ] to move from the couch.

Which brings to mind, I wanted to list, for some odd reason, 25 things I like.

  1. Coffee
  2. Kayaking
  3. Cats that will let me pet them and not claw my face off
  4. Spending all day Saturday in PJ's
  5. Coffeeshops
  6. Live theatre
  7. My living room couch
  8. Back massages
  9. The Doctor [TARDIS included]
  10. White noise
  11. Fire in a fireplace
  12. Playing music
  13. Science fiction
  14. Hummus
  15. Mejool dates
  16. Dinner and a movie date
  17. Dancing
  18. Classical music
  19. Maker's Mark
  20. Listening to the rain
  21. Thunderstorms
  22. Yoga
  23. Wetlands
  24. The Commatan [the name of my car]
  25. Anything Asian
NEXT TIME -- 25 things I hate---

COMMENT FROM MY SNARKY MUSE: "Wow. 25 Things you hate. After 25 things you like. How f** long did it take you to f** come up with that Sherlock?"

[My muse has tendency to drink to much and use a bit of profanity. She could also pretty much beat up anyone else's muse. Let me know if your muse wants to go mano a mano with mine.]

SNARKY MUSE: "And it's drink 'too' much you moron --or have you never never heard of PROOFING?"

No comments: