Friday, May 24, 2019

Book on Bipolar Disorder on Sale in Honor of May as Mental Health Month


I’m a bit behind this month---okay, VERY behind.

As many of you know (or don’t know) Mental Health is an important subject to me. 


I honestly feel that if there is still a lot of stigma that needs to be eliminated. I honestly believe if this were any other kind of disease that no one would be treated as unfairly. There would be more Congressional funding for research, there would be better access to physicians, and there would be more funding for mental health centers.

 Could you imagine if this were the situation for major causes such as heart disease, cancer or diabetes? There would be protesters at the Capitol with pitchforks and torches like on the old Frankenstein movies.

But I digress.

The novel I'm putting on sale is "Saint Jude," which was first published by Tudor Publishers of Greensboro (traditionally published).  It's  about a teen who has bipolar disorder.

BTW-- It takes place in the 80s--so you’ll not see any texting, tweeting or yeeting. I still honest to God have no idea how yeeting works.

For the rest of this month, I’m going to have the book on sale for 99 cents.

Here is a link to it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Saint-Jude-Dawn-DeAnna-Wilson-ebook/dp/B004KABIBG/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=saint+jude+by+dawn+wilson&qid=1558731855&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I hope it speaks to you, especially if you or someone you love has bipolar disorder.