Saturday, March 28, 2015

On meeting David Tennant

I confess, the last time I had my heart flutter was probably at some point during the Clinton Administration. But I was totally thrilled and, yes, a bit fan girl giddy, at the prospect of meeting David when he came to Wizard Con in Raleigh this year.  

Meet is probably a stretch.  I was one of the tons of people who lined up for an autograph, I was one of the few who got to ask him a question. 

" He smells so NICE" said the girl in front of me, who was waiting to  ask a question.  
"He really does," said someone else.
"So, is it a cologne or something?" I asked.
"No... he just smells so nice."

Well, because of my chronic allergies, I cannot attest to the scent of Mr. Tennant. However, I can say he is an incredibly gracious guy. I confess, it hasn't been since high school that I felt my heart race like this, totally teeming out over someone. 

Below is a link to the session where I asked him a question.  I am the girl with the radio voice at 13:00. I ask him about his role in the BBC TV movie Recovery, which was brilliant..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mNHvfUa7PE4

That is me in the blue, trying to suppress a fangirl squeal....
I know my interaction with him was probably a whole 30 seconds, but from what little I saw, he seemed like such a classy guy.  

Thank you Mr. Tennant.

No comments: