Friday, March 4, 2011

Kindle experiment update

Sold 5 copies of St. Jude in February--which is not a lot, but realizing that since the book is out of print, I've only been selling around 5 a YEAR, that's really good. Also, Shangri La has sold an additional copy, so that's 6 copies.

For those of you who ask why I'm recording the numbers here, I'm trying to implement strategies similar to those by JA Konrath as outlined in his blog "A Newbie's Guide to Publishing" (highly recommended btw).

I'm going to try something to try to boost the sales into the top 100---for a limited time, I'm selling the books for 99 cents.

Will it work? I don't know. We'll see.... I will get fewer royalties on books at 99 cents and a smaller royalty percentage, but, if sales are stronger, it may actually work to my advantage.

Stay tuned. 

No comments: